Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Busy past three days

Since the first of the month I have done nothing but running.

Let me begin at the beginning...

May 1st... I went to get some supplies for my father's Colostomy and intended to stop at Save-A-Lot pick up some groceries - that was the plan, but it didn't quite work out that way. Turned out there were some problems with the paperwork and she needed a little more information so I couldn't get the supplies then and I would need to come back later that day when things were fixed. So I went on and did my shopping. That was accomplished somewhat quickly, after all I only needed a few small things and a Pork Loin. 

Now ask me if I got the Pork Loin....Did I get the Pork Loin, you ask? NO! The man in the meat department would never come out into the store, even after I went and asked to have him paged.. After about ten minutes of waiting, I went and checked out. I told the cashier that he never came out and I guess the manger heard me and she went to check both myself and the cashier told her all I wanted was a Pork Loin. She came back a few minutes later and said he was back there and I could go back and talk to him. I WAS ALMOST CHECKED OUT! I just couldn't walk off and let the people standing behind me wait until I had the meat I wanted. I told her I would probably just come back in after I got all the groceries in my car, but once I had I was just fed up and I got in the car and left. The least she could have done was brought the meat to me, after all it's not that heavy, right?

Anyway, I go home put away the groceries and help my father empty his colostomy bag then made sure he had everything he needed and headed to Bi Lo to get the things I couldn't get at Save - A - Lot., came home put all that away, helped my dad empty his CB again. By that time I received a phone call from Barney's saying she couldn't fill the order because she needed a number of some kind and that I needed to come get the papers go back to Ft. Gordon and have them redo the papers. I decided it could wait until the next day. I had left my dad alone enough for one day - something I DO NOT like to do.

May2nd...I get up, shower and dress, make sure dad has his breakfast, his meds and plenty to drink and I head across town back to Barney's, pick up the papers and head back across town to Ft. Gordon, hunt for a parking place - not an easy thing to find - go down to the first floor - I took the steps down and back up - walk down a long hallway and ask to talk to some one about getting the ID number I need for  the paperwork and am told he can't sign it this morning, could I come back this afternoon. I think I must have had this crazy expression of disbelief on my face because I could only stare at her. She asked me for a phone number so he could call me when it was finished. I guess, I was still staring because she asked me if I had anything I needed to do than I could do that until I got the call.

I remember thinking...Do I have anything I need to do? Heck, Yea, Plenty and running around because of paperwork isn't one of them!  I needed to still get that pork loin and had thought about stopping back at S-A-L, but only after i got dad's supplies - I didn't want meat sitting in the car while I waited on something else. So, instead I headed for Wal-Mart where I quickly grabbed the personal things I would need for the month and put them in the car. I then went back after the stuff we would need for the month in the house.

We are expecting family in today so I also grabbed paper plates and cups. I started to get the deli meat - having subs for everyone - but decided to hold off until I checked the other store prices. By the time I grabbed Dad and I some lunch and headed home it was after 1pm and I was exhausted. I put all the things away, helped dad empty his CB bag and collapsed in a chair to rest. I no sooner sat down when my cell rang and it was FT Gordon telling me the paper was ready. I asked him if I could pick it up the next day. I could.

May 3rd...get up give dad his breakfast, meds, empty catheter bag - CB didn't need it - showered, dressed headed out the door back across town, finally picked up supplies, stopped at S-A-L  and can't get pork loin, no one in the meat department yet and they said they had equipment problems.  SOOOOO, I still do not have the pork loin.

I went out to the car to call dad to let him know and to tell him that I couldn't get the Pork loin, but the phone was busy - we have call waiting - so I waited and tried again with the same results. I had intended to head for Wal-Mart, but instead I headed home. Once there I went in to see that Dad was trying to call me to find out where I was because he asked me to call when I finished at Ft Gordon - I forgot - and my head was handed to me on a platter.  I won't bother with all that was said, but lets just say I headed to Wal-Mart in tears. He was upset with one of my brothers and I got the fall out.

Instead of going to Wal-Mart I decided to check out Foodlion's prices and I ended up getting all I needed for Saturday's -Today - meal. My brother from SC and his family came in to see Dad and another brother was supposed to come in from Atlanta, but he postponed it until next Saturday, another brother who leaves in the area and his girlfriend came over as well.

I ended up buying waaaaaay to much deli meat for subs, but I look at it this way, we have enough for next weekend and for me to have a sub a day, which might help me drop a few unwanted pounds.

We all had a great time, but dad slept threw most of it. They spent as much time with him as they could. It seemed if they stopped talking or left the room for a minute he was fast asleep. He fell asleep while my sister in law, my niece in law and myself sat in there talking. In fact just a few minutes ago I was in there with him and I glanced over at him to discover he was asleep again. I know it's his condition, but I wonder if he does, because he always says that he only falls asleep when he is alone.

All in all it was a really good day despite the fact that it rained all day and it was a bit on the cool side.


1 comment:

  1. Well that explains it...I'm exhausted just reading it! Rest well.

    ReplyDelete